Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Embroidery Lesson #1

The talented ladies at Crafty Daisies have launched a new series of online tutorials. For the next six weeks Candace will share lessons from the craft of embroidery. Candace posted her first lesson yesterday, and it is comprehensive and detailed. She has included images and instructions for three basic stitches --- running stitch, back stitch and split stitch.

I am sorely tempted to participate in the embroidery series, but I am still slogging through the homework from last month's crochet tutorials. Since I'm determined to finish my project (only nine more squares to go!), I may bow out of the embroidery series.

Here's to hoping I can turn this hodge-podge pile of yarn into something lovely.



1 comment:

Courtney Wain said...

Hey! I was thinking we could get together to work on our respective knit/crochet/yarn-crafty things... evening at coffee shop next week perhaps? Whadda you think?