Friday, August 03, 2007


Stitches

I've seen this cute pattern on the blogs of several crafty mommies this summer. I thought the shirt looked so pretty and simple. I'm a novice seamstress, and have never sewn a garment from a pattern, so I started this project with a bit of trepidation. It was easy, though! The shirt required only three pattern pieces, the raglan sleeves were a piece of cake, and gathered neck was super-easy.

Fabricland had a good sale, and I bought my pattern and materials for 60% off. I used a pretty green, Asian-floral printed cotton. I love the way the elastic looks at the neck and sleeves. It's so feminine and summery. I think I will try making this pattern again --- maybe even the mini dress version to wear over skinny jeans.

Simplicity Built By Wendy patterns are pretty neat. You can check them out here.

And here is a picture of the finished product. I love this particular shade of green.


1 comment:

Courtney Wain said...

C'mon now, in true crafty tradition you have to post pics of the finished product... or better yet, you modelling it:-)