Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Test

"The time is two o'clock. You may now open your exam booklet."

Dear God, please help me to do my best. Help me to remember everything I've studied.

Question one ...

Okay. I can do this. This should be easy.

(A few minutes later)

That section was easy! I totally rocked the fugue. Full marks, baby! I must be a genius! Oh yeah! I'm going to do awesome on this exam. Totally awesome.

(Flip the page)

Oh *&%^@. I'm in trouble now.

(Flip the page)

Uhhh ... maybe I'll just come back to this section.

(Flip the page)

What on God's green earth is an enharmonic polychord?!

(Flip the page)

Is this even English???!

(Flip the page)

"You have 5 minutes left to finish your exam."

Dear God. Please help me to at least finish this blasted thing. Help me to push through these last few minutes. Dear Lord, help me to survive!

"Time's up. Please hand in your papers."

(Puff, puff, wheeze, gasp) I did it. I can't belive I made it through. Thank you, Lord! It's finally over!

"Please hand in your exam paper. Now."

"Sorry, Sir. I'm coming. I really am ... Just give me a minute to scrape my brain up off the floor."


No comments: