Wednesday, September 05, 2007

The Looooooong Day

I am ready for bed. The children have been asleep since seven thirty. Today was an exceptionally long day for us all.

We woke up a bit earlier than normal. This morning I was scheduled to teach my first preschool music class at the YMCA. I fed the kids breakfast, loaded them into the van, drove to the Y, dropped two of the children off at the babysitting, took my toddler with me to class, and (almost) set up all my materials before the parents arrived.

The class went great. It was a parented class for two- and three-year-olds and had fifteen children registered. (A full house!) The little kids were all so cute. They loved "I'm Gonna Shake My Sillies Out" and "I Had a Little Turtle". I am genuinely looking forward to next week's class.

(As an added bonus --- I was so busy with the class I forgot to feel sick for an hour. I enjoyed the brief reprieve from my general pukiness.)

My original plan was to hang around the Y until it was time for my son to go to school. Unfortunately, I underestimated our time constraints. We had a lot of time to kill. We ate lunch, played at preschool gym, cleaned up after preschool gym, visited the bathroom a bazillion times, wandered all around the building, and visited the library. We finally left for school a half hour early (it is a five minute drive) and waited in the parking lot practically forever. Lesson learned: Next week we will go home for lunch after the music class!

Thankfully, the little ones and I enjoyed blissful (but brief) naps while my son was at school. My eldest son enjoyed eating two snacks in the afternoon. I told him that he was a lucky boy to receive a school snack and a home snack. I think he needed them both, though! He ate raisins, animal cookies, a peach, a nectarine and a plum. That child has a hollow leg!

(An unrelated aside --- Do you know what is really cool about having a school-aged child? Book order forms!)

All that to say, I am exceptionally tired and am ready for bed. Time to log off, shut down, and head on upstairs to sleep...

No comments: