Monday, September 03, 2007

Menu Plan Monday
September 2, 2007

Happy Labour Day!

I have not been participating in Menu Plan Monday much lately, and I need to get back into the routine. The pregnancy nausea has been catching up with me these past few days. It helps to have a plan when cooking is the last thing on my mind! (I will also cut myself some slack over these next few weeks. My family will survive if they have to eat toast and soup for a few nights! I'm also grateful to my mom and mom-in-law for all the supper invitations.)

Here is my menu plan for the upcoming week:

Monday: No cooking! Supper at my parents'.
Tuesday: Homemade chicken soup (from the freezer), grilled cheese sandwiches, veggie sticks.
Wednesday: Pork chops in mushroom sauce, brown rice, peas, creamed corn.
Thursday: Leftovers.
Friday: (We are expecting guests.) Spaghetti with meat sauce, parmesan toast, caesar salad, berry crumble with ice cream.
Saturday: No cooking! Party at my parents'. (I will make a zucchini chocolate cake. Yum!)
Sunday: No cooking! Supper at Ben's parents'.

I also plan to bake a batch of pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. These are a family favourite:

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

4 eggs
2 C. white sugar or 2 1/2 C. brown sugar (I use about 1/2 as much)
1 C. oil
1 tbsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1, 14oz. can pumpkin
3 C. whole wheat flour
1, 300g. package chocolate chips (or 2 C. raisins)

Beat eggs. Add sugar, oil and pumpkin. Mix well. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until just combined. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 20-25 minutes. Yields 30 large muffins.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You seriously post the best recipes. Seriously.