Thursday, September 27, 2007

Refreshing

I was caught up in a frenzy of productivity. The bathrooms sparkled, the furniture gleamed, the carpets upstairs were spotless. I wiped my brow and admired the fruit of my labour.

I heard my eldest son wander up the stairs. "Hi Buddy," I called out to him.

"Hi Mommy," he said as he entered the room. My son handed me a full bottle of water. Thinking he wanted help opening the bottle, I loosened the cap and handed it back to him.

"No, Mommy," my son corrected, "I brought this water for you."

My heart melted at his thoughtfulness. "Thanks, sweetie!" I greedily guzzled most of the cool water, believing it to be fresh from the fridge. I passed the bottle back to my son.

"I'm glad you like it!" he said, "I went into the garage and found a dirty old bottle in the recycling bin. I filled it up with water from the bathroom just for you!"

No comments: