Sunday, September 23, 2007


Welcome Fall!

A blustery day. A warm quilt. A hot cup of tea. A delicious book.

Few things in life are more wonderful.

I must confess, I am a hopeless bookworm. I read to learn, to grow, to relax and to escape. At times, books are my best friends and my closest companions.

Therefore, I am pleased and excited to participate in Callapidder Days' Fall Into Reading challenge. This will be the second reading challenge I have undertaken. Last spring I enjoyed reading, writing and sharing the world of books with bloggers across the globe. I am once again looking forward to connecting with my fellow bookworms!

If you would like to take a peek at other participants' book lists, please check out the Fall Into Reading Mr. Linky at Callapider Days. To date, more than one hundred readers have already registered. Better yet, choose a book list of your own and join in all the fun!

Without further ado, here is my proposed reading list:

Non-Fiction:

Heaven
by Randy Alcorn



How to Talk to Anyone: 92 Little Tricks For Big Success in Relationships
by Leil Lowndes



No Sheep for You: Knit Happy With Cotton, Silk, Linen, Hemp, Bamboo and Other Delights
by Amy R. Singer



Fiction:

Safely Home
by Randy Alcorn



On Every Side
by Karen Kingsbury



These High, Green Hills
by Jan Karon



Happy reading, everybody!

8 comments:

Andi said...

The one about the different yarns should be pretty interesting. :-)

Kathy in WA said...

We thoroughly enjoyed Safely Home by Randy Alcorn. Very convicting and powerful! I've been meaning to dive into Heaven (the book anyway) for some time but was put off a bit by the size. It looked BIG.

Nice list.

Duckabush Blog

Anonymous said...

I've really enjoyed Karon and Alcorn. Have a great Fall reading...

Anonymous said...

Heaven is on my perpetual read list! Lots to think about and not one I can breeze through!

Love Jan Karon and I am reading her new series for the fall challenge.

May all your reading be cozy and warm...

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

While I haven't read Heaven, I did read Alcorn's Heaven for Kids recently, and thought it was very good. I'm sure Heaven is a great read/resource, too. Thanks for joining Fall into Reading!

Sheila said...

I enjoyed Safely Home - it is a powerful book!

Oh no, another reading challenge I feel compelled to take? :)

Peapod Four said...

Safely Home is one my favorite books!

Deena Peterson said...

Randy Alcorn ROCKS! Enjoy your reading!