Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Clever Girl

Our little girl is so lovable and mild mannered. She almost always wakes up in a good mood, talking and singing in her crib. Our Pumpkin Pie turned 16 months old a few days ago. She can say many words but most of her babbling is sweetly incoherent.

Yesterday I opened our daughter's bedroom door. She was sitting up, smiling in her crib. "Hi baby," I cooed as I turned on the lamp. I opened her dresser drawer. "What would you like to wear today?"

I wasn't really expecting an answer to my question. Imagine my surprise when Baby Girl replied, "How 'bout a shirt?" clear as day. A complete sentence!

"Did I just hear what I think I heard?" my husband called from the other room.

What a clever girl! Maybe our Pumpkin Pie's babbling is not all gibberish after all. Of course, we'd like to claim our daughter is a genius. (But the truth is, she has two older brothers to keep up with. Our Baby Girl has to compete somehow!)

No comments: