Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Quiet Evening

Our kids have been very tired these past few nights. This evening they were all asleep by seven thirty. I must admit, I really like the nights our children go to bed early. I can have two or three hours all to myself, to plug away at the little projects I have on the go.

Tonight I have been sewing the quilted wall hanging for our kitchen. It's getting close to completion! The top is pieced together and I just finished pinning and trimming the "sandwich". I believe I will work on the quilting part a bit tonight, and hopefully finish it up tomorrow. The finished quilt will measure roughly 48" by 24". It's the perfect dimensions to hang behind the long side of our kitchen table.

I'm uncommonly pleased with how this project is turning out. I've been working without a pattern, and was unsure how everything would look. All of the materials for the quilt have come from my (teeny-tiny) fabric stash. The only thing I purchased were the fabric markers! I laughed this evening because I (barely) had enough cotton batting in my stash to construct the sandwich. It's a good thing the batting doesn't show --- I had to piece it all together like a mismatched jigsaw puzzle.

2 comments:

Courtney Wain said...

I tried quilting once- it made me want to commit unspeakable acts of violence. Good on you though.;-)

Lindsay Inkster said...

lol