Friday, November 30, 2007

Prayers of Thanks

Our eldest son had a rough day. He spent most of his time curled up on the couch, clutching a bucket. He began to perk up around supper time and eventually managed to eat a bit before bed.

As he lay on his makeshift cot on our bedroom floor this evening, our son prayed the following sweet prayer:

"Dear God. Thank you for a very nice day. And thank you that I got to play Lego with my family. Amen."

Such simple gratitude. In a day filled with disappointment (a missed play date and fun day at school) our son was thankful for simple pleasures.

Not to be outdone, his younger brother also prayed this adorable prayer:

"Dear God. Thank you for my mommy's petunias. For her petunias and roses. Amen."

No matter that my flowers have been dead for weeks and are buried under a blanket of snow! I wish our sons would stay so sweet and innocent forever.

No comments: