Thursday, November 15, 2007

What I'll Be Singing in My Sleep ...

I enjoy sleeping and I especially like dreaming. My dreams are suprisingly vivid but they're seldom scary or disturbing. As well, my dreams are always accompanied by a musical soundtrack. (I am not making this up.)

I've often wished I could specifically remember the music in my dreams. It's so real and bright when I'm sleeping, but I'll open my eyes and the music always fades away into silence. It's so disappointing. Some rare nights I wake up with a theme still running though my head. I think to myself, "There's no way I'll forget that in the morning," but I sadly always do.

Today my three-year-old son sang the same cute, little ditty. All. Day. Long. It went something like this...

Three little speckled frogs, sitting on a speckled log.
Eating lots of delicious bugs.
Yum! Yum! Yum!

That song has wormed its way into my brain, and for the life of me, I can't shake it out. My dreams tonight will be populated by speckled frogs. No doubt about it.

But at least I'll have an entertaining soundtrack to go along with them.

No comments: