Sunday, December 16, 2007

Menu Plan Monday
December 17, 2007

Here's my proposed menu for the upcoming week:

Monday: No cooking! (Supper with my parents)
Tuesday: Mystery chicken casserole (I still haven't made this), brown rice, green salad
Wednesday: Spaghetti with meat sauce, caesar salad
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Chicken and rice soup (from the freezer), homemade bread
Saturday: No cooking! (We will be attending a wedding)
Sunday: Potato and chickpea curry with rice, naan bread

The mystery chicken casserole is a mystery to me! I still haven't tried making it. (This recipe has been a hold over for the past few weeks.) I will try my best to post the recipe once I've given it a trial run. Basically, the casserole includes cubed chicken, chow mien noodles, water chestnuts, red pepper, celery and a cream sauce.

Tonight I made the sausage and kale soup from last week's menu. That recipe is a keeper! My husband had two helpings and our three-year-old pronounced his supper to be "delicious". I've never bought kale before. It is a beautiful, leafy winter vegetable. I bought the purple variety because the leaves were such a gorgeous colour. The resulting soup was quite pretty.


If you would like to browse other interesting menu plans, take a look at the Menu Plan Monday Mr. Linky hosted by Org Junkie.

No comments: