Sunday, January 06, 2008

A Romantic Escape

What a wonderful weekend! Ben and I spent the last few days in the lovely town of Banff, nestled within the majestic Rocky Mountains. We planned a special getaway to celebrate our eighth wedding anniversary.

Our children spent the weekend with their grandparents. Ben and I stayed in a loft suite at a nice hotel. Our room had a small kitchen and a rustic wood-burning fireplace. A very romantic place, indeed. We stayed for two nights and slept in very, very late each morning.

On Friday night we went for a beautiful, moonlit sleigh ride. My hubby and I snuggled under a buffalo skin robe and enjoyed gourmet chocolates. The weather was perfect --- just below zero with light snow. After our ride we ate a delicious late supper at a local steak house.

On Saturday afternoon we toured around town and poked our noses through the local shops. I stocked up at the Rocky Mountain Soap Company, and Ben and I indulged in Bernard Callebaut chocolates. Late in the afternoon we visited the spa at the Upper Hot Springs. Ben and I each received a wonderfully relaxing massage. My massage therapist even used a special pillow for my baby belly. After our massages Ben took a dip in the hot springs while I wandered through the gift shop.

We returned home this afternoon rested, relaxed and ready to step back into a routine. The children had lots of fun at Grandpa and Grandmas'. This week our oldest son returns to school and the next few days are shaping up to be quite busy.

No comments: