Thursday, January 03, 2008

Thoughts for the New Year

I've never formally made New Year's resolutions in the past. This time around I have a few thoughts for the upcoming year. Here are some things I'd like to work on in 2008:

  • Invite friends over for a play date once a week.
  • Take more time to call friends on the phone just to chat and be an encouragement. (This is a really tough one for me.)
  • Go to the Y twice a week (on Mondays, Wednesdays or Thursdays) to swim / walk / or take a water class.
  • Drink a glass of water before every meal and snack.
  • Include one soup recipe and one meatless meal in my menu plan each week.
  • Finish knitting at least one afghan block each week. (I've completed seven of the thirty blocks so far.)
  • Take the kids outside for walks or to the park as often as the weather will allow.
  • Read more classic Christian literature. I plan to start with C.S. Lewis' books.
  • Watch my critical tongue. I often say negative things (especially to my family) without thinking about how my words some across.
  • Make sure more clutter / stuff / junk goes out of our house than comes into it.
  • Shower Ben with physical affection and make going to bed early a priority.
I am excited to start the new year. Welcome 2008!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOOOOOO HOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!