Sunday, March 09, 2008

Menu Plan Monday
March 10, 2008

I am looking forward to this week. On Thursday I will celebrate my First Annual 29th Birthday, and Ben will cook supper for me. My sister is bringing over a decadent cheesecake for dessert that night, too! As well, my sweetie is taking me out to supper and a concert on Saturday. It is shaping up to be a fun week.

Here is my proposed menu plan:

Monday: Crock pot chili with cornmeal muffins (a hold over from last week)
Tuesday: Cheesy chicken vermicelli, green salad, steamed asparagus and garlic bread
Wednesday: Leftover night
Thursday: BBQ salmon burgers, baked beans, cabbage noodle salad and cheesecake!
Friday: Leftovers
Saturday: No cooking! (supper out at a restaurant)
Sunday: Homemade lasagna, green salad and cheese toast

I am planning to make large batches of the chili and lasagna so I can freeze the extras. About a week ago I bought a sizable order of organic ground beef. The meat is exceptionally lean and tasty, and wonderful to cook with. Also, I would like to thank Tammy for providing two of my recipes this week!

Take a peek at Menu Plan Monday on Org Junkie if you are interested in browsing other delicious meal plans and recipes.

Happy cooking!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

YUM! Looks like a great week! How do you make your salmon burgers? Do you buy them pre-made, or use canned salmon, or fresh? I'd love the recipe!

Best.
Sarah

Canadian Saver said...

Looks good!! I'd especially like the cheesecake ;-)

Happy Birthday in advance!

Lindsay Inkster said...

Sarah,

I am taking the lazy way out and using pre-made salmon burgers. The President's Choice brand wild pacific salmon burgers are really good!

Lindsay