100 Things About Me
I've seen the "100 Things" meme floating around the blogosphere lately and thought I would jump on the bandwagon. Hopefully, I don't bore anyone with this...
1. I am 29 years old.
2. I was born in Saskatoon.
3. I've lived in three major Canadian cities --- Saskatoon, Edmonton and Calgary.
4. I have lived in Calgary since 1990.
5. Ben and I have visited every province in Canada and every major Canadian city.
6. We drove across Canada, from Victoria to St. John's, in the summer of 2002.
7. I was pregnant with our first child at the time.
8. I met my future husband on our first day of Grade 10. He was only 14!
9. Ben and I started dating in Grade 11.
10. We dated for almost exactly four years before our wedding day.
11. Our anniversary is December 29th.
12. Ben and I have been married a little more than eight years.
13. Our wedding was on a Wednesday.
14. We became engaged on a Wednesday.
15. We started dating on a Wednesday.
16. Our first child was born on a Wednesday.
17. Our first son was born almost exactly three years into our marriage.
18. Ben and I have three children right now.
19. I am (roughly) three weeks away from birthing our fourth child.
20. Our fourth baby will be born almost exactly six years from the conception date of our firstborn.
21. Adding up all my pregnancies, I will have carried a baby three of the past six years.
22. For the most part, I enjoy being pregnant.
23. I've been blessed with easy, uncomplicated pregnancies and births.
24. Our first two sons were born in the hospital.
25. Our daughter was born at home with the assistance of a midwife.
26. God willing, our fourth baby will also be born at home.
27. I believe natural childbirth is best for mom and baby.
28. Some day I would love to teach prenatal or childbirth classes.
29. I was raised Catholic.
30. I attended Catholic schools from kindergarten through Grade 12.
31. I accepted Christ as my savior on July 10, 1992 at Bible camp.
32. I was 13.
33. I started attending a Protestant church when I was 16 (after earning my driver's license).
34. My parents were quite understanding and supportive of my spiritual choices.
35. I studied fine arts in university.
36. At one time, I aspired to be an art teacher.
36. I have my BFA in Developmental Art (art education).
37. I minored in Museum and Heritage Studies.
38. After my first degree, I went into the BEd. program.
39. I dropped out after one year because I became very disillusioned with the public education system.
40. I got pregnant with our first baby to seal the deal.
41. Ben and I married in the middle of my third year of university.
42. At one point, Ben and I were both in post-secondary school at the same time.
43. We ate mostly noodle soup and our parents' benevolent leftovers.
44. On the day our first son was born, we had $30 in our bank account.
45. God has always been faithful to provide for our family.
46. Ben and I are grateful for our "early poverty days".
47. I play the piano.
48. I started taking piano lessons when I was 5 years old.
49. I took my Grade 10 piano exam when I was 19.
50. I taught piano lessons part-time for eight years.
51. I really like teaching piano, and plan to go back to it when our children are older.
52. I am now working on my ARCT diploma in piano.
53. Some day I would like to learn the cello.
54. I love deep, resonant instruments.
55. One summer I learned to play the electric bass.
56. I have a passable singing voice, but I wish it had less treble and more texture.
57. I led worship at our former church for four years.
58. I did not enjoy leading worship. I served because I was competent, not because I was passionate.
59. I have not been part of a worship team for almost five years.
60. I think God is still healing my heart in this area.
61. I love to read books.
62. I read my Bible every day when the children nap.
63. I really like the One Year Bible.
64. I also really like Kay Arthur's inductive Bible studies.
65. My favourite reading material is usually Christian fiction.
66. I'm a softy when it comes to Christian romance novels.
67. Some of my favourite authors include: Francine Rivers, Karen Kingsbury, Bodie and Brock Thoene, Beverly Lewis and Randy Alcorn.
68. My emotions are affected by what I read, so I try to stick with Christian books.
69. Ben and I rarely watch movies.
70. We don't have a TV in our house.
71. Ben and I each have our own laptop computer.
72. I probably spend an hour each day on the computer.
73. I love working on my blog.
74. My blog was two years old yesterday.
75. I am reasonably computer literate, thanks to my geeky husband!
76. I love anything to do with crafts.
77. I wish crafts were cool when I was in art school.
78. Last year I learned how to crochet.
79. I am learning how to knit.
80. I have been knitting the same afghan for almost two years. (Maybe I'll finish someday...)
81. I fear I like reading books about knitting more than I enjoy knitting itself.
82. My studio major in art school was painting.
83. I never paint now, but I have some ideas I'd love to work on.
84. I always have way too many ideas for all sorts of projects.
85. Some day I would like to write a novel.
86. I have the novel outlined.
87. I would also like to write and illustrate a series of children's books.
88. And open my own piano studio.
89. And open my own Etsy store.
90. And raise a great family.
91. God is teaching me to be more focused ;-).
92. I think my parents and sister are pretty great.
93. I know I'm blessed to have parents who have been married for over 30 years.
94. I'm thankful to have great in-laws too.
95. I have a wonderful circle of friends.
96. I tend to be introverted.
97. Being friendly and outgoing is a learned behavior for me.
98. I harbour an unhealthy fear of talking on the phone.
99. I definitely prefer using email.
100. I love being a wife and stay-at-home mom. I am living my dream.