Sunday, May 04, 2008

Crafty Goodness:

S.E.W. Sew Everything Workshop
by Diana Rupp

This year I'm working to improve my sewing skills. I'd classify myself as a "sort-of-experienced beginner" seamstress. I saw Diana Rupp's new book on the Craft blog and promptly borrowed the Sew Everything Workshop from the library.

I only wish such a cool text existed when I was studying home ec. in junior high! This book is an excellent resource for anyone interested in the basics of sewing. The projects are hip and fun, and Rupp includes tissue patterns for 10 projects right within the book. (I did not open the envelope, however, as my book was from the library.)

Rupp clearly explains sewing terms and techniques. She starts right from square one. Her book discusses tools, fabrics, notions, sewing machines, patterns and much more. The book even includes several quizzes to test readers' new-found sewing knowledge.

The Sew Everything Workshop is a comprehensive crafty guide. I'm planning to add a copy to my personal library.


No comments: