Friday, August 15, 2008



Tasty

I received my new first issue of Taste of Home magazine in the mail yesterday. I was really excited to read it --- until I opened the magazine and an ad for the "Elvis Presley Jewel of Vegas" plate fell into my lap...

..."dazzling (plate) border overflows with hand-applied faux jewels chosen to match Elvis's famed peacock jumpsuit..."

I kid you not.

I quickly grew concerned about the type of publication to which I had subscribed.

Thankfully, Taste of Home cannot be judged by its advertisers. Many of the recipes look great. We've been entertaining quite a bit in our new home these days and I needed some fresh ideas for BBQs. My new magazine has presented plenty of inspiration in that department! Tomorrow we are having some friends over for supper and I plan to make Strawberry Cheesecake Pie for dessert. Yum.

I've run into one problem through --- Taste of Home is thoroughly fueling my recipe addiction. The magazine advertises the latest and greatest Taste of Home publications and I can't help but want to buy them all. I did cave and order Winning Recipes from our book club last week. I fear Cool & Creamy and the Busy Family Cookbook are soon to join my collection as well...





No comments: