I feel like Christmas is rapidly sneaking up on me! I can't believe the big day is only one week away. The weather has been very cold and snowy here in Calgary, so it certainly feels Christmas-y outside.
Here are some of the random thoughts buzzing through my head this week:
- I love checking the mail box at this time of year. We received a lovely stack of cards today, and I especially enjoy when people enclose pictures with their cards. Also, I'm thankful to have finally sent out our family's Christmas cards earlier this week!
- I am officially finished my Christmas shopping. (I suppose this isn't exactly something to brag about as Christmas is only one week away.) I hope to get everything wrapped later tonight.
- The kids and I made gingerbread cookies yesterday afternoon. My three "helpers" were incredibly cute. In particular, our four-year-old has decided he wants to be a chef when he grows up and he wore a white apron and hat for most of the day. I also hadn't realized how many cookie cutters our family has amassed over the years. (I think many have newly resurfaced since our move.) The kids had great fun making some rather creative gingerbread cookies. (A stegosaurus is totally festive, right?)
- I'm hoping to finish the rest of my Christmas baking within the next couple of days.
- We'll be attending our five-year-old's school concert tonight. I'm very much looking forward to it.
- The roads are awfully slippery out there. We took our van in for its winter check-up yesterday and were surprised to discover it needed new brakes. I'm definitely thankful for the brakes (but less thankful for the unexpected bill).
- This past weekend nearly did me in. My outgoing husband kept inviting people over! Don't get me wrong, I love welcoming people into our home and I enjoy visiting with friends. My introverted self just can't keep up! It's taken until today for me to feel back to normal. I imagine next weekend will be much the same, so I'm attempting to finished all my Christmas preparations before then.