Thursday, February 26, 2009

Simple Salad Dressing

I tried this recipe from my newest Simple and Delicious magazine.  Ben declared the salad dressing "so good you could drink it straight".  We ate our salad with plain red curly lettuce.  I think the dressing would taste wonderful on greens with apples and walnuts.

3 tbsp. olive oil
1 1/2 tsp. malt or rice vinegar
1 1/2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt (I recommend using a little less)
1/2 tsp. coarsely ground pepper

In a small jar, shake together the ingredients.  Pour over 4 cups romaine or other salad greens. Toss to coat.
  
(I choose to serve our dressing on the side.  That way, if we have left over salad greens they will not be droopy and wilted.)

1 comment:

AlisonVeritas said...

ooo that sounds delish! I must try it!