Tuesday, April 04, 2006

... Render Unto Caesar

I have seen a bumper sticker around town that appeals to my "do-er" sensibilities. It simply states "git 'er done". Short, concise and to the point. Why stand around thinking about something when you can get to work and do it!

That said .... it is the middle of April and I am still working on preparing our taxes for the accountant. I have most certainly not "gotten 'er done".

It's not that I loathe bookkeeping or going through our files. I am a neat and orderly person. It is not an ornery process to get our paperwork together. I actually do enjoy lining up the rows and columns of numbers, and seeing everything balance in the end.

It is just that there are so many other things that I would rather do on a Tuesday evening.

I suppose my motivation is also low knowing that at the end of the month we will be required to cough up a painfully large chunk of change for the Canadian government. Self-employment has many benefits --- tax time is not one of them.

Enough moaning and complaining. I have procrastinated long enough! It is past time to "git 'er done".

"Give to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's." Matt. 22:21

No comments: