Friday, June 09, 2006

Is It Time?

I think our baby will arrive very soon.

Last night I was up most of the night with convincingly strong contractions. I tried to stay in bed as long as possible, but I felt quite uncomfortable. I got up, ate a snack, read for a while, and even had a bath. The contractions were still strong and regular, so I thought, "This might actually be the real thing!"

I decided to try and sleep. I figured that real labour would continue whether I stayed awake or not. I finally dropped off as the sun was coming up around 5am.

Sure enough, as I slept the contractions slowed down and eventually stopped. My boys woke up for the day at 8:15am. I ended up with a very short sleep. I guess it is preparation for the sleepless nights to come!

Today I've been feeling crampy and heavy, and have been having strong Braxton Hicks. Thankfully, I napped for a couple of hours this afternoon. We went to a party for a short time this evening, and I went to a party the night before each of my boys was born. Who knows? Maybe tonight will be the night labour kicks in for real?

I'm excited, but also a little anxious. This being my third pregnancy, I am not naive about the hard work that is to come.

No comments: