Sunday, July 30, 2006

So Much To Do ... So Little Time

I'm a quiet person. I don't tend to talk about my thoughts and feelings much, but inside my head I often have dozens of ideas and opinions swirling around. I love to brainstorm and daydream and make fantastic plans.

The only time this isn't the case is when I am horribly over-tired. I need to rest when I don't care about new ideas. When I become listless and bored a bright red warning light starts flashing in my brain. I take my apathy as a signal that I need a break and a nap.

I must be starting to regain my energy after the birth of Baby Girl because I have tons of thoughts percolating in my brain these days. I recently bought a fat daily planner just to keep track of them all.

What am I thinking about?

- Entertaining friends and cooking meals
- Scrapbooking
- Quilting
- Knitting
- Oil painting
- Redecorating our bedroom
- Finishing our basement
- Bible study on the books of Corinthians
- Counterpoint
- An idea for a novel
- An idea for a childrens' book
- Homeschooling
- Pilates and a new fitness regime
- Organizing a block party for next summer
- A family vacation
- Two small business ideas

Do I have time for any of these things? Not really! I can barely keep up with my necessary work around the house these days. It doesn't hurt to dream and plan, though. I may not have much extra time now, but perhaps some day I will ...

No comments: