Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Good Stewardship

Ben and I try to manage our money wisely. We definitely have a long way to go, but I think we're closer to reaching our financial goals than ever before.

Our number one goal is to pay off debt --- all of it, including our house. Ben and I feel that living debt-free is extremely important. We've chosen to live in a more modest house than we can afford in order to pay off debt more quickly. Sure, our kids share a room and we don't have a backyard, but our house is comfortable and homey. Our boys like sharing, we can easily go to the park down the street, and we'll soon be developing a playroom in our basement!

I've found a good website for families living on a budget: Living on a Dime.

I subscribed to their e-newsletter this afternoon. If I learn any good money-saving tips I will pass them along!


No comments: