Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Feelin' Crafty

Last night I had the opportunity to spend an hour browsing through Michaels. My baby daughter came with me and we had "girl time" together. I slowly pushed her stroller up and down every single aisle in the store, ooohing and aaahing over the cool crafting supplies. (Yes, I know I'm a geek. I'm okay with that.)

I bought yarn for my newest knitting project --- an afghan for our couch. The afghan is quite simple, and I love the design because it is a grid. I can't wait to get started on it.

I also found a neat product called Royal E-Z Rub-On Transfers. They are basically stickers, but more permanent. I have a white ceramic jug in my kitchen that I use to store cooking utensils. I bought a sheet of flower transfers, and I used some of them to decorate the jug. It turned out great! The rub-on transfers look quite professional, and I think they would be wonderful for scrapbooking.

Baby Girl and I had a fantastic time browsing through Michaels yesterday. (My husband calls Michaels the Home Depot for girls.) It felt good to get out of the house and enjoy some "me time". I think Baby Girl enjoyed herself too. She cooed and smiled the entire time we were in the store. That's my girl!

No comments: