Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Day After

Ben and I are so proud of our kids. They behaved exceptionally well this Christmas season, especially considering the string of late bedtimes these past few nights. The colds / croup / throat infections seem to be all cleared up as well. Finally, we have a house full of healthy children!

Our family was utterly blessed this Christmas. We enjoyed spending time with friends and relatives, and eating endless plates of delicious food. (I'm in desperate need of a trip to the Y!) The children were spoiled rotten by our families. It's a bit overwhelming but we feel blessed knowing our kids are well loved.

Today our family enjoyed some much-needed rest and routine. I cooked up a huge batch of turkey soup, thanks to my mother-in-law's Christmas dinner leftovers. Tomorrow I plan to make three or four turkey pies for the freezer. And I still have more leftovers to use after that!

Some favourite gifts ... The play kitchen is a huge hit with all three children. Our eldest son has been totally enthralled by his Star Wars chapter books and awesome picture book about the human body. Ben loves his new slippers. He has already finished reading C.S. Lewis' The Screwtape Letters. I'm looking forward to using my Thyme Maternity gift cards and love this new book.


No comments: